2020 Honors & Awards Recipients
Each year, the Air & Waste Management Association recognizes individuals and companies for outstanding accomplishments in the promotion of a clean environment through its Honors and Awards Program. These awards were created by the Association to encourage environmental professionals, educators, researchers, and industry leaders to serve as models for others to emulate and, in doing so, further the mission and objectives of the Association.
The 2020 award recipients are:
- Armistead (Ted) Russell – Frank A. Chambers Excellence in Air Pollution Control Award
- Jack P. Broadbent – S. Smith Griswold Outstanding Air Pollution Control Official Award
- Sara J. Head – Charles W. Gruber Association Leadership Award
- Chung-Shin (Jonathan) Yuan – Lyman A. Ripperton Environmental Educator Award
- Petros Koutrakis – Lyman A. Ripperton Environmental Educator Award
- Peter F. Hess – Honorary Member
- Chung-Shin (Jonathan) Yuan – Fellow A&WMA Member
- Shira Colsky – Outstanding Young Professional Award
- Jason R. Krawczyk – Outstanding Young Professional Award
- Hui Zhou & Yanguo Zhang – Arthur C. Stern Distinguished Paper Award
Watch the 2020 Virtual Honors & Awards Ceremony!
Section & Chapter Awards
West Coast Section — Minasian Award Winner
Georgia Chapter — Chapter Cup Award Winner
Congratulations to this year's student and young professional award recipients! Check out which students and YPs are doing the best at fulfilling the A&WMA mission.
2020 Student Award and Scholarship Recipients
2020 YP Best Paper Award Recipients