2021 Honors and Awards Recipients
Each year, the Air & Waste Management Association recognizes individuals and companies for outstanding accomplishments in the promotion of a clean environment through its Honors and Awards Program. These awards were created by the Association to encourage environmental professionals, educators, researchers, and industry leaders to serve as models for others to emulate and, in doing so, further the mission and objectives of the Association.
The 2021 award recipients are:
- Jeff Koerner – S. Smith Griswold Outstanding Air Pollution Control Official Award
- David Thornton – S. Smith Griswold Outstanding Air Pollution Control Official Award
- James Blando – Lyman A. Ripperton Environmental Educator Award
- Mitchell Baer – Honorary Membership
- Miriam Lev-On – Honorary Membership
- Stephanie Taylor – Outstanding Young Professional Award
- Lee Lundberg – Richard I. Stessel Waste Management Award
- Timothy Townsend – Richard I. Stessel Waste Management Award
- Sam Altshuler – Fellow A&WMA Member
- Joshua Fu – Fellow A&WMA Member
- Philip Hopke – Fellow A&WMA Member
- Neal Fann et al. – Arthur C. Stern Distinguished Paper Award
Watch the 2021 Virtual Honors & Awards Ceremony!
Section & Chapter Awards
West Coast Section — Minasian Award Winner
West Michigan Chapter — Chapter Cup Award Winner
Congratulations to this year's student and young professional award recipients! Check out which students and YPs are doing the best at fulfilling the A&WMA mission.
2021 Student Award and Scholarship Recipients
2021 YP Best Paper Award