Be a part of this innovative conference. Share your knowledge, advance the industry, and make connections.
Call for Abstracts available now! Due by November 18.
Abstract submittal site coming soon.
We’re looking for the latest and greatest research, ideas, and solutions in the environmental industry on topics including, but not limited to:
- 2020 Mini Symposium—Embracing Innovation
- Hot Topics—Coastal Adaptation, Wildfires, Carbon Tax/Markets, Clean Technology, Zero Waste, Community-Focused Emission Reductions
- Air Emissions - Stationary/Mobile Sources, Inventory, Modeling, Measurements, Monitoring, Control Technologies
- Air Quality, Visibility, Data QA/QC
- Bioenergy, Biofuels, Biogas, Landfills
- Brownfield Redevelopment
- Climate Change - Science, Policy, Regulation, Impacts, Mitigation & Adaptation
- Environmental Program Administration—Policy, Regulation & Implementation, Permitting, Public Participation, Odor Issues, EPA Priorities
- Emerging contaminants of concern
- Health, Safety and Environmental Effects and Exposure
- Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Heavy Industry and General Manufacturing
- Regulatory and Legal Issues
- Sustainability, Resource Conservation, Green Infrastructure
- Transportation and Land Use
- Indoor Air, Vapor Intrusion
- Waste Treatment, Processing & Waste-to-Energy, Landfills, Site Remediation
- Abstracts for individual platform or poster presentations, with later submittal of a full manuscript or extended abstract that will receive a technical review.
- Abstracts for individual platform or poster presentations, with later submittal of a PowerPoint presentation that will receive only a content review.
- Abstracts for panel proposals submitted by the panel chair, which will receive a content review, with a later submittal of a panel synopsis and a list of panelists.
- Full Manuscript • Panel Session
- Extended Abstract • Platform or Poster with Technical Review
- Slide Presentation Only • Platform or Poster with Content Review
- Outline Only
Why you should present
A&WMA’s Annual Conference is recognized as the premier international conference of its kind providing the latest information on air, environmental management and risk, climate change, resource conservation and waste issues. The conference typically has about 300 platform and poster presentations, 35+ panel sessions, and up to 10 concurrent sessions.
This year’s venue for the conference is San Francisco, California, which is the ideal place for scientists, practitioners, regulators and companies to gather from around the world to share new ideas and develop solutions to current and emerging environmental issues. California is a global leader in environmental and energy technologies, at the forefront of policies addressing climate change. This conference will bring leading environmental experts and practitioners to spark new environmental initiatives embracing innovation and the vision to address and develop new approaches and effective solutions to addressing climate change, sustainability, emerging contaminants of concern and other environmental issues while accommodating growth.
ACE 2020 Technical Program Timeline
November 18, 2019
Abstracts Due for Professional Platform Presentations, Technical Posters and Panel Session Proposals
December 12, 2019
Course Proposals Due
January 10, 2020
Notification of Acceptance
January 13, 2020
Abstracts Due for Student Posters
February 7, 2020
Author Notification of Presentation Format
March 16, 2020
Drafts Due for Platform Papers and Technical Posters
Mar 16 – May 4, 2020
April 15, 2020
Synopsis Due for Panel Proposals
May 4, 2020
Final Submissions Due
June 29 – July 2, 2020
ACE 2020 in San Francisco, CA
July 31, 2020
Materials for proceedings due