Get ready for an outstanding technical program this year!
ACE 2021 topics will cover the latest and greatest research, ideas, and solutions in the environmental industry on topics including:
- 2021 Mini-Symposium – Environmental Resiliency
- Hot Topics – Coastal Adaptation, Sugarcane Burning, COVID-19 Impacts, Carbon Tax/Markets, Clean Technology, Zero Waste, Community-Focused Emission Reductions
- Air Emissions – Stationary/Mobile Sources, Inventory, Modeling, Measurements, Monitoring, Control Technologies
- Air Quality, Visibility, Data QA/QC
- Bioenergy, Biofuels, Biogas, Landfills
- Brownfield Redevelopment
- Climate Change – Science, Policy, Regulation, Impacts, Mitigation & Adaptation
- Environmental Program Administration – Policy, Regulation & Implementation, Permitting, Public Participation, Odor Issues, EPA Priorities
- Health, Safety and Environmental Effects and Exposure
- Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Heavy Industry and General Manufacturing
- PFAS and Emerging Contaminants of Concern
- Regulatory and Legal Issues
- Sustainability, Resource Conservation, Green Infrastructure
- Transportation and Land Use
- Indoor Air, Vapor Intrusion
- Waste Treatment, Processing & Waste-to-Energy, Landfills, Site Remediation
Presentation formats include:
Submission Style Guides
- Options for A&WMA ACE Presentation and Submission Formats
- Extended Abstract Style Guide
- Panel Synopsis & Panel Extended Abstract Style Guide
- PowerPointTM Presentation Style Guide
- Full-Length Paper Style Guide
- Poster Style Guide
About the Conference
A&WMA’s Annual Conference is recognized as the premier international conference of its kind providing the latest information on air, environmental management and risk, climate change, emerging contaminants such as PFAS, energy, sustainability, resource conservation, and waste management issues. The conference will feature many livestream panels and sessions, recorded presentations, plus hundreds of on-demand presentations, slides, and audio recordings.
The interactive virtual conference platform is ideal for environmental professionals and students from a wide range of employers, industries, and educational institutions to gather from around the world to share new ideas and develop solutions to current and emerging environmental issues. Hosted by the Florida Section, their abundant coastline, diverse ecosystem and weather bring issues of climate change, sea level rise, and environmental resiliency to the forefront of environmental concerns. This conference will bring leading environmental experts and practitioners together to tackle the strategies and policies needed to develop new and innovative approaches to planning and finding solutions to meet tomorrow’s needs.
ACE 2021 Technical Program Timeline
January 8 – February 12, 2021
Notification of Acceptance
February 26, 2021
Author Notification of Presentation Format
March 31 – May 10, 2021
April 9, 2021
Draft Manuscript/Poster Due
April 15, 2021
Draft Panel Synopsis Due
May 10, 2021
Final Submissions Due
June 14 – 17, 2021
The A&WMA Board of Directors has decided that the 114th Annual Conference & Exhibition (ACE2021) will be held in a fully-virtual, interactive format due to the COVID-19 pandemic and our concern for the safety of everyone involved.
Our unparalleled technical content will be delivered through many livestream sessions, on-demand videos and recorded presentations, and we will be adding interactive Q & A and networking opportunities for authors, attendees, sponsors, and exhibitors.
Last year’s virtual ACE conference was a huge success and we have plenty of time to develop and enhance features for authors, attendees, exhibitors, and sponsors to make it even better!