Be a part of the most comprehensive technical program in the environmental industry! Abstracts for platform presentations are due November 27, 2023. Details can be found on the Author Resource Center.
Student Poster Competition
Full-time undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students are encouraged to participate in the Student Poster Competition during the 2024 Annual Conference & Exhibition. Submissions to the Student Poster Competition are reviewed on site at ACE 2024 and awards will be presented at the Student Awards Ceremony.
Posters must be submitted through the Abstract Submittal System on the Author Resource Center by Friday, January 19, 2024 at 1:00 pm ET.*
To be eligible, students must:
- Be a full-time undergraduate, masters, or doctoral student enrolled in an accredited institution during the 2023-2024 academic year
- Be accepted to present their work as a poster during A&WMA’s Annual Conference & Exhibition
- Adhere to all program submissions deadlines
- Be the Primary Author of the abstract associated with the poster
To be considered for the Student Poster Award, during the abstract submission process indicate your status as “student,” note that your presentation is a “poster” and indicate that you want your submission to be considered for a Student Poster Award. Failure to do so makes submissions ineligible for the Student Poster Award. Poster abstract submissions will be accepted for poster presentations unless they do not cover topics relevant to A&WMA’s mission and goals. Note that submissions to the Student Poster Competition are not included in the conference proceedings of the technical program.
*Students can only submit one poster for the competition. No extended abstracts.
Scholarships and Awards
Scholarship applications are due Tuesday, January 23, 2024 at 1:00 pm ET. Nominations for Master's Thesis and Doctoral Dissertation Awards are due Thursday, January 18, 2024 at 1:00 pm ET.
Find the requirements and applications on the Student Scholarships and Awards page.
We are planning many exciting student activities for ACE 2024, including:
- Environmental Challenge International (ECi) Competition, where student teams solve real-world environmental problems and compete for cash prizes
- Student Poster Contest and Session
- Student Keynote and Welcome Reception
- Career Panel
- Student Awards Ceremony
- Young Professional/Student Networking Reception